zaterdag 14 juni 2008

Your Bloody Valentine?! My Bloody Valentine!

Yesterday, shoegaze heroes My Bloody Valentine played their first gig in 16 years. I think the setlist looks rather terrific:

'Only Shallow' / 'You Never Should' / 'Honey Power' / 'I Only Said' / 'Cigarette In Your Bed' / 'Thorn' / 'Nothing Much To Lose' / 'To Here Knows When' / 'When You Sleep' / 'Slow' / 'Blown A Wish' / 'Soon' / 'Feed Me With Your Kiss' / 'Sueisfine' / 'You Made Me Realise'

All the classics are there: Only Shallow! To Here Knows When! Blown A Wish! Soon! I'm still gutted that the Irish band didn't announce any festival shows in Belgium. Was hoping for them to play Pukkelpop but since the headliners are already confirmed, I don't think there's much hope left.

Shoegaze's defining album 'Loveless' is one of my favourites ever, and I think you should hear this album at least once before you die. Opener 'Only Shallow' has some weird but awesome noises in the beginning and is the closest you get to hot, hot sex without actually having hot, hot sex. If that doesn't convince you to listen to the song, I don't know what will:

Geen opmerkingen: