zondag 1 juni 2008

summer's here

For some strange, unexplainable reason I feel like writing in English. Don't ask me why, I don't know either.

Despite having exams, I've been in a good mood all week. Again, I can't really explain why. Maybe because the summer vacation is getting closer every day. I'm planning on making a summer playlist called 'summer in the city means cleavage cleavage cleavage' (courtesy of miss Regina Spektor). Here are some songs that will most definitely make the list:

Sigur Rós * Gobbledigook

This new song by Sigur Rós has such a summery feel, probably thanks to the tribal rhythmes. It makes me want to make a huge fire in my backyard, invite all my friends and throw the biggest party ever. The video is amazing as well (and contains loads of nudity, so go and see it, you perverted minds).

Minus the Bear * Pachuca Sunrise

Pachuca Sunrise has summer written all over. If this track doesn't deserve the title 'summer', then I honestly don't know which one does.

Battles * Atlas

The buildup in this song is simply mindblowing. Maybe you wouldn't immediately expect Atlas in a summer playlist but the energy it evokes can bring every garden party to live.

The Go! Team * Grip Like a Vice

Chosing just one Go! Team song for a summer playlist is probably like picking your favourite child. Their blend of action themes, cheerleader chants and hiphop has the ability to make me dance spasticly, wherever I am: in the bathroom, on a train or on the way to school. Those who've seen me dance get an idea of how absurd that looks.

Lucky Soul * Lips Are Unhappy

Lips Are Unhappy is a sunny indie pop song with a very 60s feel. The chorus is instant catchy with all those shake shake shimmies. Anyone who doesn't get a smile on his face upon hearing this song, probably doesn't have a heart, or maybe a cactus where his heart should be.

Au revoir (peut-être, la prochaine fois, j'écrirai en français)

Soundtrack to this post: Duyster!

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

It makes me want to make a huge fire in my backyard, invite all my friends and throw the biggest party ever. I suggest you go and do that. I would also suggest you dancing spasticly then. Tot de 20 juuuni dus ;)