maandag 2 juni 2008

summer's here, part two

Yeah, you know the concept...

Noah and the Whale * Five Years Time

I've already promoted this song here, but it's too good to be left out of my summer playlist. I have to repeat myself: anyone who doesn't appreciate this song is a badass motherfucker who doesn't deserve ears.

Jens Lekman * Friday Night at the Drive-In Bingo

I have to admit: if I were a girl, I'd probably be infatuated with Jens. His lyrics are melancholic, cute and romantic at the same time. Especially this little jam softens my heart. I'm gonna gather up a few of my friends / as many fits into an army tent / just bring our savings and a bottle of wine to the Friday night's reversal of time! / this little south-west village shouldn't cost that much / maybe a handful of silver or a hundred bucks / we could have wild wild parties in that big old lodge and the windmill's perfect for movies and such / we could fake our deaths to get insurance money and take on hippie names / I'd be Snowphish, you'd be Sunny, we could start a little farm with little white bunnies / just cause watching them copulate is very funny.

Annie * Always Too Late

Annie is my queen of pop. Who needs Britney or Madonna, when you've got Annie. In a perfect world, cute girls with polkadot dresses would be dancing to her little ditties on the beach in the light of the setting sun. Afterwards, they'd go to the indie disco and dance the night away. The good thing about dreams is that everything is possible.

Belle and Sebastian * A Summer Wasting


Everthing about this song breaths summer. The music is sunny and catchy and the lyrics are just perfect.

Architecture in Helsinki * Heart It Races

A summer compilation without an Architecture in Helsinki track is not a good summer compilation. Fact!

Soundtrack to this post: Red House Painters - Red House Painters (Rollercoaster), and Cocteau Twins - Treasure.

Geen opmerkingen: