This message killed me:
We have decided to call it a day.
The main reason for this is that I suffered from a stroke in June and unfortunately I do not know when / if I will be well enough to play guitar again.
On behalf of the band I'd like to say a big thank you to anyone who ever came to one of our shows, bought one of our records or danced to one of our songs in a club. Thank you, if it wasn't for you the whole thing would have been pointless.
Finally on a personal note, thanks for all your well wishing messages.
Dorian xxx
Dorian = Dorian Cox, The Long Blondes' guitarist and songwriter. Get well soon, sir!
Now I'm just grateful I've seen them all three times they played in Belgium. Guess all there is left is their excellent records. I think I'll have a Long Blondes marathon today. Fuck, why can't this be the fuckin' Kaiser Chiefs or something. Why my sweet, sweet Long Blondes.
I wanted to post 'You Could Have Both', because Dorian does vocals for that song, but I can't find a decent version on YouTube. Instead I'll post what apparently is their last ever single (aw, I still can't quite believe it) 'Guilt':
We have decided to call it a day.
The main reason for this is that I suffered from a stroke in June and unfortunately I do not know when / if I will be well enough to play guitar again.
On behalf of the band I'd like to say a big thank you to anyone who ever came to one of our shows, bought one of our records or danced to one of our songs in a club. Thank you, if it wasn't for you the whole thing would have been pointless.
Finally on a personal note, thanks for all your well wishing messages.
Dorian xxx
Dorian = Dorian Cox, The Long Blondes' guitarist and songwriter. Get well soon, sir!
Now I'm just grateful I've seen them all three times they played in Belgium. Guess all there is left is their excellent records. I think I'll have a Long Blondes marathon today. Fuck, why can't this be the fuckin' Kaiser Chiefs or something. Why my sweet, sweet Long Blondes.
I wanted to post 'You Could Have Both', because Dorian does vocals for that song, but I can't find a decent version on YouTube. Instead I'll post what apparently is their last ever single (aw, I still can't quite believe it) 'Guilt':
You will be missed :(
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten