donderdag 3 juli 2008

trying to find the perfect match between pretentious and pop

Looks like I've got a taste for making tiny little mixtapes. Yesterday I made another one. This one is rather personal so I'm not going to give descriptions for the songs (also: I'm lazy). Yeah, I know I broke Nick Hornby's rule (see last post) twice.

side a

Los Campesinos! - It Started With a Mixx -
Cat Power - Could We
Klima - You Make Me Laugh
Of Montreal - Bunny Ain't No Kind of Rider
Mystery Jets - Flakes
Explosions in the Sky - The Only Moment We Were Alone
Bloc Party - Plans
The Go! Team - Junior Kickstart

side b

Arcade Fire - Wake Up
Mystery Jets - Young Love
Belle and Sebastian - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying
Stars - Personal
Emily Haines & the Soft Skeleton - Winning
Cat Power - Good Woman
Radiohead - How to Disappear Completely

Needless to say the receiver was over the moon with it which made me very, very happy. You happy few know who I'm talking about. Here's a live version of Cat Power's 'Could We', the tape's centrepiece (although it's the second song):

Geen opmerkingen: