woensdag 20 augustus 2008

another failed project

Because holding on too long is wrong, I've decided to abandon my 'best albums ever' project. Here are some of my favourite excuses for doing so:

1-I like to write about music that fascinates or interests me for whatever reason at that moment, not about music that's next on the list (the most credible excuse!)
2-my attention span is not even short, but probably non-existing
3-what was I talking about again?!

Anyway, you can read the two first episodes somewhere on this blog, but here's the full list I wanted to publish an album at the time. One album per artist, but you'd probably guessed that. Remember: these are just the albums I enjoy the most, I don't want to pretend this is the ultimate list 'cause my knowledge is obviously limited to the twenty-first century.

30-TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain (2006)
29-Bat for Lashes - Fur and Gold (2006)
28-Björk - Homogenic (1997)
27-The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan (2005)
26-M83 - Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts (2003)

25-Yndi Halda - Enjoy Eternal Bliss (2007)
24-My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (1991)
23-The Decemberists - Picaresque (2005)
22-The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike (2004)
21-The Smiths - The Queen is Dead (1986)

20-M.I.A. - Kala (2007)
19-65daysofstatic - The Fall of Math (2004)
18-Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane over the Sea (1998)
17-Belle and Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister (1996)
16-Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It In People (2002)

15-Emily Haines & the Soft Skeleton - Knives Don't Have Your Back (2006)
14-Kate Bush - Hounds of Love (1985)
13-Sigur Rós - Agaetis Byrjun (1999)
12-The Libertines - The Libertines (2004)
11-The Streets - A Grand Don't Come For Free (2004)

10-Radiohead - Kid A (2000)
9-Gang of Four - Entertainment! (1979)
8-The Long Blondes - Someone to Drive You Home (2006)
7-Sufjan Stevens - Illinois (2005)
6-Joanna Newsom - Ys (2006)

5-Explosions in the Sky - The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place (2003)
4-Cat Power - You Are Free (2003)
3-Bloc Party - A Weekend in the City (2007)
2-Arcade Fire - Funeral (2004)

1-Guillemots - Through the Windowpane (2006)

Oh my, I'm so indie schmindie.

Geen opmerkingen: