zondag 29 maart 2009

the joys of solitary ipod walks

Now that I've bought a new iPod (called Sofia), I can rejoice again at walking the streets alone at night. My first journey went from the train station to my digs. And what a journey it was! The volume cranked up, I was totally in a world of my own. Yeah Yeah Yeahs' new album 'It's Blitz' was my companion. Great album, by the way. Very loud and energetic, and fun with lots of synths and loud guitars. Karen O rawks likes she's never rawked before. That's probably not true, but still... It makes me want to run over cars, and do backflips and sidekicks on them. When I crossed the Theaterplein, the big and epic horn (?) part in 'Skeletons' came on and totally blew me away. Music can do that? Fuckin' life-affirming! That's what I like most about music, those rare moments it touches your heart and moves you to tears (yes! I do realise I sound very corny). You never know when those moments are going to happen. I wish music was like that all the time. Or not, because that would totally nullify the value of those moments. Look at me getting all philosofic.

2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

gisteren nam ik de bus van pigalle naar mijn kot: de zon scheen, parijs was prachtig, en de bus passeerde enkele van de grootste bezienswaardigheden.
ik zet M83 op, en het lijkt wel alsof zijn muziek gemaakt is precies voor die bustocht! straffe dings! woont die man in parijs? ik zoek het op!

Tomašz zei

Fantastisch is dat, Jean! Toch straf hoe muziek zo'n meerwaarde kan geven aan bepaalde momenten.